ENVIRONMENT DESIGN FINAL PROJECT
|| Leong Hui Xuan 0365793
|| 20/04/2026 - 26/07/2026 (Week 01 - Week
14)
|| Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
(Entertainment Design)
|| GCD61904 Environment Design
|| Final Project Complete Environment Design
Art Bible
Table of Content
- Instruction
- Progress
- Final Outcome
- Feedback
- Reflection
INSTRUCTION
PROGRESS
For the final project, we were required to create an Art Bible that compiles
all the work from Projects 1 and 2. Before that, we needed to complete our
chosen environment by modelling it in 3D, applying textures and materials,
creating the final renders, and testing the environment to ensure it
functioned as intended.
I chose my Project 2 interior environment and modelling into 3D.
BLOCK OUT
I started the initial blockout in Project 1 and continued refining it with
more details in Project 2. By the end of Project 2, I had already completed
the detailed 3D modelling of the environment. Therefore, for the final
project, I could focus mainly on developing the textures, materials, lighting,
and final presentation of the scene.
TEXTURES
These are most of the textures I created using Substance Painter and
hand-painted elements from Procreate. For the remaining textures, I
developed them directly in Blender using shader nodes to create the desired
materials and surface details.
PROGRESS IN UNREAL ENGINE 5
After completing most of the textures and refining the 3D models, I imported
the assets into Unreal Engine 5 to achieve higher-quality lighting and improve
the overall visual presentation. Unreal Engine also allowed me to create
environmental details more efficiently, such as moss, visual effects, and
foliage like leaves, helping to enhance the atmosphere of the scene.
[Moss and Leaves]
[ Light and Special Effects: Fire, Fog and Water ]
TESTING
I used the Unreal Engine mannequin to test the player movement and check
whether the collision boxes were working properly.
And a Turntable video for the Environment.
FINAL OUTCOME
FEEDBACK
Sir Kannan provided feedback on improving the textures of the roof and floor by reducing repetitive patterns and adding more dirt-painted details. This helps guide the viewer’s attention towards the central focal point instead of being distracted by the surrounding textures.
Besides the texture improvement, he also suggested adding larger rock formations and stalactites on the roof to strengthen the underground cave atmosphere and make the environment feel more natural and immersive.
REFLECTION
Overall, I am very satisfied with my final outcome, although I understand that there are still many areas where I can continue improving. I am truly grateful to Sir Kannan and my classmates for their valuable feedback, guidance, and emotional support throughout this project. Especially during moments when we felt confused or overwhelmed, Sir Kannan was always willing to provide help, encouragement, and reassurance that we could overcome the challenges.
Through this module, I have learned a lot about environment design and the overall workflow. This was my first time using Blender to create and complete a full environment design, which felt like a big challenge and achievement for me. It was also my first experience using Unreal Engine, and I discovered how powerful it is for creating high-quality visuals and improving the efficiency of the workflow. However, I also realised that there are still many areas I need to explore, especially the navigation, different tools, and settings within Unreal Engine.
I am grateful for all the advice and feedback I have received throughout this journey. This project has helped me grow not only in my technical skills but also in my understanding of environment storytelling and design thinking. I hope to continue improving myself and applying what I have learned to future projects.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment