GAME ART FINAL PROJECT
|| Leong Hui Xuan 0365793
|| 20/04/2026 - 26/07/2026 (Week 01 - Week
14)
|| Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
(Entertainment Design)
|| GCD61904 Game Art
|| Project 2 Assets pack for game world
Table of Content
- Instruction
- Progress
- Final Outcome
- Feedback
- Reflection
INSTRUCTION
PROGRESS
I used Substance Painter to develop the character’s materials by adding metal
surfaces and dirt details to enhance the overall realism of the design. By
applying different material layers and surface textures, I was able to create
a stronger sense of wear, age, and mechanical structure.
Character Breakdown
Concept Art
FINAL OUTCOME
FEEDBACK
Sir Kannan advised me to pay more attention to the balance between metallic and roughness values when creating the character’s texture. He explained that using an overly high metallic value can make certain areas too visually dominant, which may distract the viewer from the intended focal point of the design.
REFLECTION
Throughout this module, I experienced different emotions and challenges throughout the design process. I especially enjoyed the ideation stage, where I had the freedom to explore different concepts, experiment with shapes, and develop various ideas. This stage allowed me to be more creative and discover different possibilities for my character design.
However, during the middle stage of the project, I felt quite lost and uncertain, especially when moving from the concept stage into the technical production process. Challenges such as modelling, texturing, and posing made me realise that developing a character requires not only creativity but also a strong understanding of the production workflow and technical skills.
As I reached the final stage, I felt a sense of relief and accomplishment after seeing the character gradually come together. Although the final outcome still has many areas that can be improved, completing the process allowed me to recognise my progress and better understand the full character creation pipeline.
Overall, this module has given me valuable experience in game character design, from initial idea exploration to the final presentation. I still have a lot to learn, especially in improving my modelling skills, material development, and technical workflow. Moving forward, I hope to continue practising and building my confidence so I can create stronger and more polished character designs in future projects.
.jpg)


Comments
Post a Comment