Game Art Project 1

GAME ART PROJECT 1

|| Leong Hui Xuan 0365793
|| 20/04/2026 - 26/07/2026 (Week 01 - Week 14)
|| Bachelor of Design in Creative Media (Entertainment Design)
|| GCD61904 Game Art
|| Project 1 Prop/Assets Design


Table of Content

  1. Instruction
  2. Progress
  3. Final Outcome 
  4. Feedback
  5. Reflection

INSTRUCTION



PROGRESS

Moodboard



Concept idea

My idea is to create a final boss for my environment project, The Ruin Remains, inspired by The Legend of Zelda. In addition, I want to design a weapon that is not only used to fight the final boss, but also serves as the medium that summons it.

When the player enters the final boss arena, they will see the weapon embedded in the center platform. Once the player pulls the weapon out, the platform will open, awakening and releasing the final boss from beneath it.

Sketches



I explored several character concepts before deciding on the final design. My initial ideas were based on two different directions. The first concept was inspired by aquatic creatures such as jellyfish and octopuses, focusing on soft, flowing forms and organic shapes. The second concept was based on a snake, emphasising a long, flexible body and a more intimidating appearance that would be suitable for a boss character.

Orthographic view



Material and Function Call Out




 Concept Art



3D block out


I use Zbrush to block out first because it have zsphere tool for me to easy make the snake body.


FINAL OUTCOME






FEEDBACK

Sir Kannan recommended that I create a straightened body structure for the snake character before moving into further modelling and texturing processes. By establishing a straight body form first, it would make the UV unwrapping, texture application, and painting process much easier and more efficient.



REFLECTION

In this project, I faced some challenges during the modelling process, especially when working with ZBrush. Since I was still unfamiliar with the workflow, I found the ZSphere process quite difficult to manage. After completing the ZSphere setup, it became challenging to adjust the positions and proportions, which meant I needed to carefully plan the body structure beforehand, especially the tail area, to ensure the overall shape would work properly. The head area was easier to control and refine compared to the body.

Although the modelling process took me more time to understand, it helped me recognise the importance of planning before jumping into detailed sculpting. Moving forward, I hope to improve my technical skills in ZBrush and become more comfortable with the modelling workflow so I can translate my ideas more effectively from concept into a complete 3D character.

Comments