GAME ART PROJECT 2
|| Leong Hui Xuan 0365793
|| 20/04/2026 - 26/07/2026 (Week 01 - Week
14)
|| Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
(Entertainment Design)
|| GCD61904 Game Art
|| Project 2 Assets pack for game world
Table of Content
- Instruction
- Progress
- Final Outcome
- Feedback
- Reflection
INSTRUCTION
PROGRESS
Moodboard
3D Attempts
continued developing my character design by refining the existing blockout,
improving the overall form, proportions, and details before moving into the
texturing and posing stages. At this stage, my main focus was to enhance the
character’s structure and ensure that the design elements were clear and
consistent with the original concept.
I applied a rough texture pass first to explore the overall material direction
and visual style of the character. At the same time, I experimented with the
bone structure and mechanical details to enhance the snake’s appearance and
make it feel more solid and powerful.
FINAL OUTPUT
FEEDBACK
Sir Kannan suggested that I should complete the UV unwrapping and texturing process while the character is still in a straight pose instead of applying textures after the character has already been posed. This approach allows the texture placement to be more accurate and consistent, especially on the long snake body where distortion can easily happen when the model is bent or in a dynamic pose.
REFLECTION
In Project 2, I experienced some difficulties during the development process, especially when deciding the texture and material direction for my character. I felt quite lost at the beginning because I was unsure about what type of materials would best represent the character’s design and how to continue developing the visual style further.
This stage became challenging because I needed to consider not only the appearance of the character but also how the materials could communicate its identity, function, and role within the game world. Finding the right balance between the snake’s organic characteristics and its mechanical elements required more exploration and experimentation.
Although this project was challenging, it helped me understand more about the complete character production pipeline, from modelling and texturing to rigging and posing. I learned that each stage requires careful planning and that improving my technical skills will allow me to translate my ideas more effectively into a finished character design.


.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment