VEHICLE AND PROPS DESIGN PROJECT 2
|| 20/04/2026 - 26/07/2026 (Week 01 - Week
14)
|| Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
(Entertainment Design)
|| GCD61804 Vehicle Design
Table of Content
- Instruction
- Progress
- Final Outcome
- Feedback
- Reflection
INSTRUCTION
PROGRESS
For this project, we need to design and develop the interior of the vehicle.
Moogboard
Sketches
For the interior design, I decided to incorporate two different types of
joysticks to control the vehicle. The first joystick is a thinner control
stick designed for steering and adjusting the vehicle’s direction, allowing
the player to navigate the environment more precisely. The second joystick is
a larger push-and-pull control lever, which is used to control the vehicle’s
vertical movement, such as ascending and descending.
In front of the player, I designed two display screens inspired by
submarine-style interfaces to provide important information and enhance the
futuristic gameplay experience. Additionally, a pedal system is included to
control the vehicle’s acceleration, allowing the player to increase the
vehicle’s speed when needed.
Assets Breakdown and Textures
Concept Art
3D Block Out
I have a rough version of the interior assets, for me to better undertsand the
position and scale of the object.
FINAL OUTCOME
FEEDBACK
Sir Kannan recommended that I add an extension mechanism behind the screen to make the interaction feel more functional and realistic. He also suggested placing a character beside the vehicle to help communicate the scale and proportion of the design, allowing viewers to better understand the size and usability of the vehicle.
Besides improving the overall presentation, Sir Kannan advised me to apply bevels to the edges of the 3D model. This would help soften the sharp edges and create more realistic highlights when rendered, making the vehicle feel more refined and believable.
REFLECTION
Overall, in Project 2, I feel that I gained a deeper understanding of my vehicle design, especially in terms of how the design needs to consider both the exterior appearance and the user experience. Through developing the interior, I learned more about how the character’s position, seating arrangement, and interaction with the controls can influence the overall functionality of the vehicle.
I realised that the placement of interior elements is important because the controls need to be positioned within a comfortable and accessible range for the character. This allows the player to interact with the vehicle naturally and makes the design feel more believable. Through this process, I learned that vehicle design is not only about creating an interesting shape but also about considering ergonomics, usability, and how the user interacts with the space.
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment